COVID-19 BULLETIN #467
Province of Manitoba Media Bulletin
June 20, 2021
Public health officials advise six new deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today:
• a male in his 30s from the Winnipeg health region linked to an unspecified variant of concern;
• a male in his 50s from the Winnipeg health region;
• a female in her 50s from the Winnipeg health region linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern;
• a male in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region linked to an unspecified variant of concern;
• a female in her 60s from the Winnipeg health region; and
• a male in his 70s from the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 8 per cent provincially and 7.2 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 93 new cases of the virus have been identified and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 55,331.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• 14 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
• eight cases in the Northern health region;
• five cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• 24 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
• 42 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
· 2,166 active cases and 52,041 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
· 250 Manitobans hospitalized with COVID-19 in Manitoba and neighbouring provinces, including:
− 140 people in hospital in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 93 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious, amounting to a total of 233 hospitalizations;
· a total of 74 Manitoba patients receiving intensive care for COVID-19 including:
− 34 people in intensive care units in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 23 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, amounting to a total of 57 ICU patients in Manitoba; and
− 17 Manitoba patients in intensive care units outside the province, with 16 in Ontario and one in Alberta;
· 32 patients previously receiving care in an out-of-province ICU have now been returned to Manitoba hospitals for further care; and
− no COVID-19 patients were transported out of province for care yesterday.
· 1,397 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 814,968; and
· the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 1,124.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
An outbreak has been declared at Deer Lodge Centre, Lodge 4 West in Winnipeg. The facility has been moved to the Critical (red) level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
The outbreak has been declared over at Health Science Centre unit WRS3 in Winnipeg.
Additional data on variants of concern is updated from Tuesday to Saturday at: https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit: www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.
- 30 -