COVID-19 BULLETIN #466
Province of Manitoba Media Bulletin
June 19, 2021
Public health officials advise three new deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today:
• a female in her 50s from the Winnipeg health region linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern;
• a male in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern and to the outbreak at Health Science Centre, WRS3; and
• a male in his 70s from the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern and to the outbreak at Bethesda Regional Health Centre, medical unit.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 8.3 per cent provincially and 7.4 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 151 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, 11 cases were removed due to a data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 140 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 55,238.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• 14 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
• 33 cases in the Northern health region;
• 11 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• 32 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
• 61 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 2,307 active cases and 51,813 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 244 Manitobans hospitalized with COVID-19 in Manitoba and neighbouring provinces, including:
- 134 people in hospital in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 92 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious, amounting to a total of 238 hospitalizations;
• a total of 76 Manitoba patients receiving intensive care for COVID-19 including:
- 35 people in intensive care units in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 23 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, amounting to a total of 58 ICU patients in Manitoba; and
- 18 Manitoba patients in intensive care units outside the province, with 17 in Ontario and one in Alberta;
• 31 patients previously receiving care in an out-of-province ICU have now been returned to Manitoba hospitals for further care; and
- no COVID-19 patients were transported out of province for care yesterday.
• 1,853 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 813,473; and
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 1,118.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
The outbreak has been declared over at Health Science Centre unit GD4 in Winnipeg.
Additional data on variants of concern is updated from Tuesday to Saturday at: https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit: www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.
- 30 -