COVID-19 BULLETIN #149
Province of Manitoba Media Bulletin
August 7, 2020
Public health officials advise the current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 1.10 per cent. Seventeen new cases of the virus have been identified as of 9:30 a.m. today. This brings the total number of lab-confirmed positive and probable positive cases in Manitoba to 491.
The data shows there were:
• 10 new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• five new cases in the Winnipeg health region; and
• two new cases in the Southern Health – Santé Sud health region.
Case investigations are ongoing. When completed, additional information will be provided as needed to inform people of any public health risks.
The data also shows:
• nine current hospitalizations, with three individuals in intensive care;
• 132 active cases and 351 individuals have recovered from COVID-19; and
• the number of deaths due to COVID-19 remains at eight.
Preliminary testing numbers show 1,452 laboratory tests were completed on Thursday, bringing the total number of tests completed since early February to 96,999.
Public health officials are advising that potential exposure to COVID-19 may have occurred on Aug. 1 at a Tim Hortons restaurant on the Trans-Canada Highway at 18th Street in Brandon. While the risk of transmission is considered very low, information is being provided to help people assess their risk.
People should self-monitor for symptoms for 14 days, and seek testing if symptoms develop.
Effective tomorrow, the Steinbach community drive-thru testing site will now be open on Saturdays for the remainder of August. The site will be open from 8:45 a.m. to 3 p.m. by appointment only. Call 204-346-7016 to book an appointment.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.
- 30 -