COVID-19 BULLETIN #56
Province of Manitoba Media Bulletin
April 19, 2020
Public health officials advise as of 9:30 a.m. today, the total number of lab-confirmed positive and probable positive cases in Manitoba remains at 253.
The data also shows:
• eight individuals are currently hospitalized, which includes five individuals in intensive care;
• 105 active cases and 143 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19; and
• the number of deaths due to COVID-19 remains at five.
Cadham Provincial Laboratory performed 570 tests on Saturday. A total of 19,752 tests have been performed since early February.
Public health officials have expanded testing criteria to include:
• all symptomatic workers or volunteers at workplaces that have been identified as essential services; and
• any symptomatic person who lives with a health-care worker, first responder or worker in a congregate setting such as a correctional facility, shelter, long-term care or residential facility.
Any person concerned about their exposure to or risk of having COVID-19 should call Health Links–Info Santé at 204-788-8200 or (toll-free) at 1-888-315-9257 to be screened to see if a test is required. For up-to-date information on community screening sites, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/locations.html.
For more information and to access the online screening tool for COVID-19, visit www.manitoba.ca/covid19.
A comprehensive list of Manitoba government COVID-19 measures can be found at:
- 30 -