COVID-19 BULLETIN #259
Province of Manitoba Media Bulletin
November 20, 2020
Public health officials advise eight additional deaths due to COVID-19 have been reported today that include:
• a male in his 20s from the Winnipeg health region;
• a female in her 50s from the Northern health region;
• a female in her 60s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at the Keekinan Centre;
• a female in her 60s from the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• a male in his 60s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region;
• a female in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region;
• a male in his 80s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the St. Norbert Personal Care Home outbreak;
• a male in his 80s from the Prairie Mountain Health region and linked to the outbreak at Gilbert Plains Personal Care Home; and
• a male in his 100s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the St. Norbert Personal Care Home outbreak.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 13.7 per cent provincially and 13.7 per cent in Winnipeg, and 438 new cases of the virus have been identified as of 9:30 a.m. However, one case was removed due to an error and brings the total to 437 new cases and the total lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 12,919.
Today’s data shows:
• 22 cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 28 cases in the Northern health region;
• 27 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• 114 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 247 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 7,861 active cases and 4,851 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• there are 281 people in hospital with 43 people in intensive care; and
• the number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 207.
Laboratory testing numbers show 3,061 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February to 324,973. Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.
The outbreaks at Swan Valley Health Centre and Swan Valley Lodge personal care home have been declared over.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
Updated public health orders came into effect this morning and further limited residential gatherings and retail operations to help halt the spread of COVID-19 and protect Manitobans. For more information about the new orders visit:
The chief provincial public health officer urges Manitobans to only leave their homes for essential purposes. When leaving the house to obtain essentials, be sure to physically distance, wear a mask in indoor public places and avoid crowded spaces. Do not leave the home if you are sick, or when any member of your family is sick. Further, do not socialize with anyone from outside your household.
Public health officials are also advising that anyone who is symptomatic, or has a household member who is symptomatic, the entire household needs to self-isolate pending COVID-19 test results. For information on self-isolation, visit https://manitoba.ca/covid19/fundamentals/self-isolation.html.
The online assessment tool can be found at https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool/and COVID-19 symptoms can be found at https://manitoba.ca/covid19/fundamentals/symptoms.html.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.
For up-to-date information on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit:
- 30 -