COVID-19 BULLETIN #187
Province of Manitoba Media Bulletin
September 13, 2020
Public health officials advise the current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 1.1 per cent and 18 new cases of the virus have been identified as of 9:30 a.m. today, bringing the number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 1,428.
The data shows:
• two cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
• one case in the Northern health region;
• one case in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• three cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
• 11 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 239 active cases and 1,173 individuals have recovered from COVID-19;
• there are 15 people in hospital and three people in intensive care; and
• the number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 16.
Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.
Preliminary laboratory testing numbers show 1,525 tests were completed on Saturday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February to 154,756.
Public health officials strongly encourage all Manitobans to return to the fundamentals to help stop the spread of COVID-19. This means staying home if you are sick, washing/sanitizing your hands, covering your cough and physically distancing when you are with people outside your household. If you cannot physically distance, wear a mask.
Unless recommended by public health, only individuals experiencing COVID-19 symptoms should go for testing. Individuals with symptoms are asked to seek testing as soon as possible once symptoms are present. Employers are asked to only send employees for testing if they have symptoms or if testing has been recommended by public health officials.
The online assessment tool can be found at https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool/and COVID-19 symptoms can be found at www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/about.html#collapse4.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.
- 30 -