COVID-19 BULLETIN #152
Province of Manitoba Media Bulletin
August 10, 2020
Public health officials advise the current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 1.59 per cent. Sixteen new cases of the virus have been identified as of 9:30 a.m. today. This brings the total number of lab-confirmed positive and probable positive cases in Manitoba to 558.
The data shows there were:
• 11 new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region; and
• five new cases in the Southern Health – Santé Sud health region.
While many of today’s cases appear to be linked to known clusters in Brandon and the Southern Health – Santé Sud health region, or are close contacts of a previously-announced case, preliminary information suggests that there may be a small number of cases of unknown acquisition in these areas.
Case investigations are ongoing to determine possible COVID-19 exposures. When the investigations are completed, additional information will be provided as needed to inform people of any public health risks.
The data also shows:
• six current hospitalizations, with three individuals in intensive care;
• 196 active cases and 354 individuals have recovered from COVID-19; and
• the number of deaths due to COVID-19 remains at eight.
Preliminary testing numbers show an additional 1,364 laboratory tests were completed on Sunday, bringing the total number of tests completed since early February to 103,782.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.
- 30 -