Province of Manitoba Media Bulletin
August 8, 2020
Public health officials advise the current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 1.23 per cent. Sixteen new cases of the virus have been identified as of 9:30 a.m. today. This brings the total number of lab-confirmed positive and probable positive cases in Manitoba to 507.
The data shows there were:
• 12 new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region; and
• four new cases in the Southern Health – Santé Sud health region.
Case investigations are ongoing. However, a majority of today’s cases appear to be linked to known clusters in the Brandon area or close contacts. When completed, additional information will be provided as needed to inform people of any public health risks.
The data also shows:
• nine current hospitalizations, with three individuals in intensive care;
• 148 active cases and 351 individuals have recovered from COVID-19; and
• the number of deaths due to COVID-19 remains at eight.
Preliminary testing numbers show an additional 1,263 laboratory tests were completed on Friday, bringing the total number of tests completed since early February to 100,074.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.
- 30 -